Saturday, November 12, 2011

Eighth Amendment

"Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted."

What I think the 8th Amendment means to me is that if a person is charged with an offense that permits that he or she can be released while awaiting trial, the amount of bail required should be reasonable as opposed. This only happens if the amount should be enough to make it likely that the person will appear in court at the appointed time rather than lose it, but should not be so high that paying it is impossible. Another thing the eighth amendment talks about is unusual punishment and that referes to punishment without president and one that has never been imposed by anybody. Unusual punishment is permitted if it is not cruel.

If you murder someone intentionally, I don't think it is cruel or unusual to send that person to the death penalty.  I think if someone takes someone else's life then they should have to have their life taken from them as well.  Now if it was an accident I think it should be a different story but I know sometimes it could be hard to tell if it was on purpose or if it was an accident.  This video show's pictures of cruel and unusual punishement that lead to people dying. I also picked this video because there really weren't any good one's and it had pretty good pictures.


I picked this picture because it really explains the 8th amendment. I think that this kind of punishment is cruel and it should never be prohibited.  I only believe in the death penalty when the criminals get  put to death by the electric chair when the criminal committed a crime on purpose not on accident.


No comments:

Post a Comment